American Payment Systems will provide you with state-of-the-art Pin Pads, including a hand-held PIN pad featuring high security and easy use. APS Pin Pads meet international security standards and payment scheme specifications.
VeriFone’s PINpad 1000S E provides the perfect solution for acquirers, processors and merchants looking to capitalize on the rapid growth of debit, EBT and other PIN-based transactions. Easily connecting with most existing POS terminals or electronic cash registers, the PIN pad 1000SE offers a fast, simple way for you to accept the latest in PIN-based payment.
The PED-compliant PIN pad 1000SE puts merchants on the card industry’s leading edge by incorporating a broad array of sophisticated security features to protect against fraud and abuse. This includes full support for the Triple DES (3DES) encryption standard and DUK PT (Derived Unique Key Per Transaction) key-management methods.
The PIN pad 1000SE features improved ergonomics with large, hard-rubber keys for ease of use and a sleek new design that fits comfortably in your palm. The device is rugged and reliable, and it is built to withstand less than gentle treatment at the point of sale. Most importantly, the PIN pad 1000SE is fully compatible with the legacy PIN pad 1000 and PIN pad 101 families.
Features and Benefits:
- Offers secure, reliable PIN input for the expanding range of debit, electronic benefits transfer (EBT) and other PIN-based transactions
- Supports the full range of 3DES security options, including 3DES DUKPT
- Provides higher level of fraud protection
against potential attempts to “crack” single DES keys and access secure data
- Features PED-compliant for secure solutions meeting the PED standard
- Meets ISO and ANSI standards for PIN encryption, key management, and Message Authentication Code (MAC) —
ANSI X9.8, ANSI X9.24, and ANSI X9.19, and ISO 9564-x, ISO 11568-x, and ISO 13491-x
- Provides mode for clear-text entry to support petro fleet applications and others that do not require PIN entry
- Features a stylish, ergonomic design that occupies less counter space and fits comfortably in the palm of a hand
- Includes large, hard-rubber keys that provide better tactile feedback, minimizing errors and making the PINpad 1000SE easier to use for consumers of all ages
- Provides eight-character, liquid-crystal display that is simple to read on a countertop; display shows up to 16 characters
through automatic scrolling and supports multiple languages
- Works with existing PINpad 1000 stands and has wall or counter-mounting hardware
- Features fully backward compatible with PINpad 1000 and PINpad 101 legacy families
- Works with payment terminals, PCs and electronic cash registers (ECRs)